OKRs, or Objectives and Key Results, are a popular goal-setting system used by businesses of all sizes. The idea is simple: businesses set objectives, or goals, and then identify key results that will help them achieve those objectives.
OKRs can be used to measure progress and track results over time. OKRs are also flexible, which means they can be adapted to changing business needs. And because they’re easy to understand and implement, OKRs are a popular choice for businesses that want to improve their goal-setting and tracking processes.
The HR department is often seen as the infrastructure of a company. The HR department brings in new employees and team members, and it’s their job to ensure that these individuals are happy and productive. One way to increase the focus and efficiency of your HR department is to set clear objectives and measurable goals – typically in the form of OKRs (Objectives and Key Results). By doing so, you provide your HR team with a roadmap to success and ensure that their efforts are always aligned with the overarching goals of the company.
In short, when your HR department has clear objectives and measurable goals, everyone wins.
So, Here are 3 OKR Examples for HR Professionals-
Objective 1: Improve company culture.
- Conduct a company culture survey every month
- Using culture survey feedback, identify the top areas for improvement
- Suggest changes that employees need from the company to improve the workplace culture.
Objective 2: Increase employee engagement.
- Take monthly engagement surveys
- Use data from surveys to reach a 95% engagement score
- Do weekly meetings with managers to ensure everything is running smoothly
Objective 3: Improve employee retention rate.
- Increase employee satisfaction scores to 9 or above
- Review benefits and compensation vs. market rates
- Give flexible working options to employees (ensure proper work-life balance).
What can OKRs do for HR professionals?
Here is How can OKRs help HR Professionals-
- OKRs can help HR professionals measure and track employee engagement. By setting objectives for employees and tracking their progress against those objectives, HR professionals can get a clear picture of which employees are engaged and which are not.
- OKRs can help HR professionals identify areas of improvement for employees. By tracking OKRs over time, HR professionals can identify patterns of disengagement and take steps to address them.
- OKRs can also provide valuable data that can be used to assess the effectiveness of HR policies and practices.
- OKRs can help focus and align the efforts of HR staff, ensuring that everyone is working towards the same objectives.
- By monitoring OKR progress, HR professionals can provide valuable feedback to executive leadership about the effectiveness of company-wide initiatives.
- By setting and tracking OKRs, HR professionals can ensure that their departmental goals are aligned with the company’s overall strategy.
In short, OKRs can be a valuable tool for measuring and improving employee engagement.
Most companies use OKR software to help set and track goals. Check out Huminos, the best OKR Software in the market. It’s quite user-friendly and has many useful features. It has integrations with slack & Microsoft Teams etc. So why wait? Try Huminos Now!!